October is here and that means the Fall season is in full swing! Before taking off on a long trip, make sure to take a minute to make sure your vehicle is ready for the season change. We’ve put together a short list of five tips for Fall driving, and even though we know this isn’t a complete list, we hope these few tips get you thinking!
Top Five Fall Driving Safety Tips
- Keep an eye out for piles of leaves gathering on roads. Piled leaves – especially when wet- can make it difficult for your vehicle to gain traction, especially while braking!
- During the Fall season, you’ll see an uptick in deer crossing roads due to migration patterns, so make sure to pay extra attention when navigating backroads and country highways.
- In addition to attentive driving, making sure your vehicle is up-to-date on required maintenance and functioning properly will help to ensure safety when traveling! Make sure your vehicle is caught up on oil changes, tire rotations and more before taking off!
- Take note of the sunrise and sunset times when planning to drive in the early morning or late night hours, as daylight shrinks considerably during the Fall season.
- Check the weather before leaving. The Fall season sees rapidly-changing weather including more fog and frost than normal, and even snow!
Differences between four-wheel drive and rear-wheel pickup trucks
Looking for a new pickup truck? Take a closer look at the differences between four-wheel drive and rear-wheel drive, and decided which best fits your driving needs!
Not sure if your vehicle is ready for the changing seasons? Swing down to Buy Direct Truck Centre in Kelowna, BC and check out our inventory of pre-owned and wholesale vehicles! There’s sure to be something to fit your budget and driving needs in our diverse and versatile inventory of quality vehicles! Contact us or stop in today and talk to a friendly and knowledgeable member of our team today!